Cherries make the most fabulous desserts! I love making cherry, crisps, pies and I even use cherry pie filling in cakes. An easy, yet delicious dessert is Cherry Crisp, made with canned cherry pie filling. Then top with rolled oat, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pecans for a crunchy flavorful topping. And don’t forget the rich vanilla ice cream. Your family and friends will rave about this dessert and it was so simple to make!
- 1(21 oz.) can Original Country Cherry pie filling, Dunkin Hines Comstock
- 1/2 cup flour, King Arthur Flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, Quaker Oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, Domino’s Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup melted butter, Cabot Creamery
- Vanilla Ice Cream, Bryer’s Ice Cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) Lightly grease 4 1-cup baking dishes or a 2-quart baking dish. Pour pie filling into the dishes or dish, and spread evenly.
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix in melted margarine. Spread over pie filling, and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Serve warm with rich Vanilla Ice Cream