Fall is one of my favorite baking seasons, because of all the beautiful produce now available. I love using pumpkin and fresh cranberries, so my Cranberry Pumpkin Bread is my own personal heaven. What makes my recipe so special are the aromatic spices. The aromas of cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg will make your home smell so good as you bake!
Making loaf or tea breads is easy, so I like to make two. One loaf is for eating now and the other one you can freeze for later. What could be more perfect?!
Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 16-ounce can solid pack pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Butter and flour two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.
2. Beat sugar and oil in a large bowl to blend. Mix in eggs and pumpkin.
3. Sift flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, and baking powder into another large bowl. Stir into pumpkin mixture in two additions. Mix in cranberries.
4. Divide batter equally between your prepared pans. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
5. Transfer to racks and cool for 10 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut around the edges of your loaves. Turn loaves out onto racks and cool completely.